PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Win! Official Superbowl 2006 Thread!

LionDen
02-06-2006, 04:39 AM
http://images.nfl.com/images/sb40/sb40_hdr.jpg

Thought beforee we all start a million threads, i would place this one.

Congragulations to

Pittsburg Steelers!

Superbowl Winners!

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/5118/nflpittsburghcopy8er.jpg

Thoughts and Comments?

Flair Country
02-06-2006, 04:48 AM
Yeah baby! I can't wait for all of the people that will use this thread to whine about how Seattle got robbed. Boo hoo, better luck next year boys. Congrats to the Steelers! They were the better team and they diserved to win.

Tails
02-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Yeah baby! I can't wait for all of the people that will use this thread to whine about how Seattle got robbed. Boo hoo, better luck next year boys. Congrats to the Steelers! They were the better team and they diserved to win.

I have no doubts you would be saying that against the Colts had they won which they most certaintly should of after that huge break. If whoever ran that ball back for Indy should have went to the outside then it would have been game over.

Voodoo
02-06-2006, 05:22 AM
Everybody here was like "it's a tainted win!" so my reply was "ok but who's going home with the trophy" haha bitches!

Tails
02-06-2006, 05:24 AM
Hey Voodoo, I know you live near Detroit, did you go to the game?

phoenixsplash
02-06-2006, 06:05 AM
rather lose a clean game, than a cheap one voodoo, you know if the offiateing was unbiased, seattle would of prolly have won.

HOC-hater of cena
02-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Are you kidding me that was the worse calling of a game id ever seen. the two biggest calls were the push-off in the endzone and then ben TRYING to score. the ball never even made it past the goal line, what a shitty game.

phoenixsplash
02-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Are you kidding me that was the worse calling of a game id ever seen. the two biggest calls were the push-off in the endzone and then ben TRYING to score. the ball never even made it past the goal line, what a shitty game.
cn i get n amen. watch PTI at 3:30 (PST) on espn, and i garntee they'll talk about it. orrible clls costed the hawks the game, tey wanted to see bettis win, well, congrats, he did it, but if anyone asks me wo won super bowl 40, seahawks.

yankeesman77
02-06-2006, 06:40 PM
ok first off one the first controversial call the ref mad the right call. Jackson pushed off of the defensive corner for Pittsburgh in the endzone as Jackson dove and caught the football. On the 2nd one, Ben Rothelisberger's touchdown I saw about !--! of the ball past the white line and that consititues as a touchdown although rothelisberger got hit pretty hard. but the main moral of the story, Pittsburgh dominated the 2nd half and like I've said it before the Seahawks had a good run but the only reason why they got so far was because throughout the playoffs theyve played at home. But the rest is history. and what a superbowl #40 was.

phoenixsplash
02-06-2006, 07:12 PM
^ yes, the ball did get over, but he was NOT down. and as you can clearly see in te replay, he was down, and untucked the ball, and then stretced is rm out, over the goal line. i d steeler fans at my house, and even they said te ball didnt get into the endzone.

D-Jack was just trying to get his arm up, and ten the defender pushed off of him. the refs wanted to see that fat ass jerome bettis win one, and i for one am ashamed of the NFL officiating in this game.

Teenwolf
02-06-2006, 08:09 PM
That was an all around ugly super bowl. The game, half time show, refs. Just terrible. I'm glad Steelers won, but that can't hang with the last 4 bowls.

OMEN
02-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Ok i think everyone would agree that this was no classic game and up until halftime it could have gone either way,But all that statistics will reveal is that the Steelers beat the Seahawks and went on to join that exclusive group of teams that has won 5 Superbowls..

shakie
02-07-2006, 12:06 AM
I think its the awomest thing ever. this is the first superbowl ive seen with the steelers in it, and im pleased to see them win it.

Flair Country
02-07-2006, 01:28 AM
^ yes, the ball did get over, but he was NOT down. and as you can clearly see in te replay, he was down, and untucked the ball, and then stretced is rm out, over the goal line. i d steeler fans at my house, and even they said te ball didnt get into the endzone.

D-Jack was just trying to get his arm up, and ten the defender pushed off of him. the refs wanted to see that fat ass jerome bettis win one, and i for one am ashamed of the NFL officiating in this game.

Seems like it's time for a rule book refresher course. As long as any part of the ball crosses the goal line it's a touchdown, whether the player is down or not. Secondly, if an offensive receiver pushes off of a defender using his forearm it is not pass interferance. However, if the offensive receiver extends his arm fully and pushes away the defender, then that is called offensive pass interferance. If everyone actually knew the rules of football, there would be less whining about the officials and more enjoyment of the game.

phoenixsplash
02-07-2006, 02:18 AM
If everyone actually knew the rules of football, there would be less whining about the officials and more enjoyment of the game.
wat i dont understand, is IF the bal was over, y was the ref at first running, signaling the ball was down at the 1 yard, and then after roethlisberg puled the ball out from under his balls, and then moved it, and THEN all for a TD. look at that replay, theres no evidence he made it over officially. the interference call was BS, the both of them were tangled up, if its not ONE players fault, let them play ref. i would of trusted stevie wonder more as a ref than levie, or watever that refs name was.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2006/0206/photo/a_roethlisberger_412.jpg

so much for that TD... :mad:

this article basically proves my pint, and its by someone obviously pro-steeler, anti-seattle http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060205

Flair Country
02-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Listen bro I understand you're upset and all, but YOU yourself said that the ball went over the goal line before Rothlesburger hit the ground. As far as the pass interferance goes, let's say it was BS and give Seattle the TD. Final score of Super Bowl XL: Steelers 21 Seattle 17. Steelers still win, case closed.

phoenixsplash
02-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Listen bro I understand you're upset and all, but YOU yourself said that the ball went over the goal line before Rothlesburger hit the ground. As far as the pass interferance goes, let's say it was BS and give Seattle the TD. Final score of Super Bowl XL: Steelers 21 Seattle 17. Steelers still win, case closed.
then i watched the replay on ESPN.com, and i saw no evidence that ball went over. plus, those phantom holding penaltys that would have gotten us inside the ten a couple of times killed the hawks, plus the holding calls on the ount returns killed us. the better team didnt win, look at the season stats, the season record, and the game stats. yeah, i am a bit ofa sore loser, but im sure if you were in my position, you would be to. anyone who said the officating couldnt of swung the game around, is living a lie.