PDA

View Full Version : Victim’s lawyer says NFL prospects Victor Hampton, Kelcy Quarles beat his client

Slayer_X
04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
NYC Crime
Victim’s lawyer says NFL prospects Victor Hampton, Kelcy Quarles beat his client
‘He went into this section of the club,’ attorney Israel Burns said was how the attack on Michael Hauer began. ‘He picked up a candle. That’s what started the whole thing. I believe he was going to light his cigarette.’ Police say they merely want to question the football players at this point.
BY TINA MOORE , ROCCO PARASCANDOLA , CORKY SIEMASZKO NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 2:04 PM Updated: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 5:47 PM

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/Slayer1971/71117716.jpg (http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/Slayer1971/media/71117716.jpg.html)
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/Slayer1971/77264106.jpg (http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/Slayer1971/media/77264106.jpg.html)

Kelcy Quarles, left, and Victor Hampton, right, are wanted for questioning in the beating of Michael Hauer at a New York City nightclub.
The lawyer for a club promoter whose face was smashed at a New York nightclub threw the flag Wednesday on two top NFL draft prospects.

Victor Hampton and Kelcy Quarles should be locked up for illegal use of hands after they pounded on Michael Hauer at the Greenhouse club, attorney Israel Burns said.

“He went into this section of the club,” Burns said. “He picked up a candle. That’s what started the whole thing. I believe he was going to light his cigarette.”

Sitting at the table in the VIP section of the Greenhouse nightclub were Hampton and Quarles, both University of South Carolina standouts.

“Hampton started arguing with him and then my client pretty much diffused the situation,” said Burns. “He shook their hands and he was walking away when they clocked him in the face.”

Hauer, 28, was hit with a hookah water pipe and then pummeled, police said. Photos of Hauer's shocking injuries appeared Wednesday on TMZSports.com.

Burns said one of the pair’s teammates, Chaz Sutton, was also in the room. He said all three should be rounded up.

“We spoke to the detectives yesterday,” he said. “They were wanted but they haven't been apprehended.”

So far police are seeking to question Hampton and Quarles, both 22, as witnesses — not as suspects — in the early Friday morning beatdown.

“No one actually said that they saw those guys committing an assault," a police spokesman said. “Whether they were even there is still being investigated. It won't be hard to find them. They're pro prospects.”

In an interview with The State newspaper in Columbia, S.C., Quarles insisted he was not in the Varick St. hotspot Friday when Hauer was attacked.

“I had nothing to do with this,” the defensive tackle said.

Hampton, a cornerback with a reputation for being a hothead, hung up when the newspaper called him.

Burns said Hauer, who police initially identified as Haver, had “extensive facial injuries” that required four hours of surgery to repair and may have suffered permanent nerve damage to the left side of his face.

“He’s already had a few hours of facial reconstruction surgery,” Burns said. “He needed metal plates.”

Quarles and Hampton were in town for an ESPN photo shoot with Sutton and two other teammates, Connor Shaw and Bruce Ellington, when Hauer was attacked.

Fifty minutes after Hauer was beaten early Friday morning, Sutton told cops he was stabbed in the shoulder by a stranger as he was walking back to his hotel from the Greenhouse.

Police say they do not believe the attack on Sutton, which left him with a minor injury, is related to the Hauer beating.

Quarles, who is 6-foot-3 and weighs 297 pounds, and Hampton, who is 5-foot-9 and 197 pounds, are expected to be chosen in either the second or third rounds of the draft, which begins May 8.

Shaw, a quarterback, is expected to be drafted in the sixth or seventh round, according to the official 2014 NFL Draft website.

Ellington, a talented wide receiver, is forecasted to be picked in the third or fourth round, according to the same site.

Sutton also hopes to play in the pros but is not listed on the site as one of the players participating in the draft.

With Edgar Sandoval and Chelsia Rose Marcius

I'm biased so naturally I'm calling bs .- Slayer_x

Role Model
04-21-2014, 02:46 AM
Nothing good seems to happen when these athletes end up going to the club. This really could hurt these guys in the draft.