PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Asked If CM Punk's Abrupt Departure Affects His Legacy

LG
05-24-2014, 05:02 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog entry on JrsBarBq.com. Here are some highlights:

If CM Punk's abrupt departure affects his legacy: "I was asked today by the Chicago Tribune if cmpunk deserved to be in the top 25 of the all time great wrestlers. I said that all these 'All Time Top' whatever lists are overly subjective but my list would be the talents who I would want in my company if I owned a wrestling organization. By the way, that will never, EVER, happen. Nonetheless, I'd absolutely want Punk on my team so therefore under my criteria he's a top 25 guy. He's too versatile, too skilled, an excellent hero or villain, can talk, has a great work ethic and is one of the smarter minds I've been around.

"I was also asked if CM Punk abruptly leaving WWE would adversely affect his legacy. My answer, a simple 'Hell, no.'"

Commentating this Monday night for boxing on FS1: "Been doing ample preparation for this Monday's Fox Sports 1 and Golden Boy Promotions boxing event that emanates from Ft Bliss, Texas live at 9 pm eastern time. This is a new adventure in the continuing process of reinventing myself after 40 years in the pro wrestling business. I'm grateful to goldenboyBoxing and @FoxSports1 for providing this unique opportunity and hope that you will tune in and/or DVR the event. Sitting ringside on a Monday night isn't any thing new for me but calling a professional boxing event is and is something that I can't wait to do."

WWE stock taking a hit: "Seems like many members of the IWC have become stock analysts. Where were you when I was evaluating my portfolio? I am NOT a stock analyst but I do honestly feel that WWE stock will eventually, and that's sooner than later, be a solid, long term investment for those who partake in the market."