PDA

View Full Version : My arm is broken,’ OSP snaps Jimmo at UFC 174

Slayer_X
06-15-2014, 05:09 AM
My arm is broken,’ OSP snaps Jimmo at UFC 1

June 15, 2014

American light heavyweight Ovince St. Preux (OSP - 16-5) has secured his fourth straight victory in the UFC by breaking the arm of Canadian Ryan Jimmo (19-4) at UFC 174 today.

The second round stoppage was marked up as a TKO win for OSP, but in reality, this was more of a submission victory to the man riding the second longest active win-streak (four) in the stacked 205 pound (93kg) division.

Karate practitioner Ryan Jimmo arguably took the first round by using crisp movement to land shots at speed, moving out of the danger zone that St Preux brings to the table in close quarters. A late takedown in round one may have swayed the judges in favour of the Florida native, but it was clear that St. Preux needed to do more in the middle round if he was to overcome his experienced opponent.

The physically imposing St Preux dragged Jimmo to the ground in the middle round and with one hook in, looked for the rear-naked-choke submission. The Canadian scrambled to get out of a full-mount held only for a moment, before St Preux looked for a kimura as Jimmo suddenly reeled in pain.

"My arm is broken, my arm is broken," claimed Jimmo as the referee hovered above.

With St Preuz still searching for the submission, the American wrenched on the damaged forearm of the hometown fighter and the referee had no choice but to end the contest then and there.

Post fight, St Preux explained what may have been responsible for Jimmo's injury, his second in three fights.

"Either one of two things (happened), I broke it with a chicken wing.. my MMA wrestling is very good - or he caught one of my high kicks. It’s not that first time that’s happened," he told Joe Rogan.