PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATED* Hogan and KENTA notes; Video of signing; What brand is KENTA headed to

LionDen
07-12-2014, 06:15 AM
http://emiliosparks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/100606_noah_m11.jpg

The reason Hulk Hogan will be at the KENTA press conference tomorrow in Osaka is that the storyline, at least to the Japanese media, will be that KENTA will be the first WWE star signed by Hogan to WWE.

Jimmy Hart is with Hogan in Japan.

Kenta Kobashi was visiting at today's WWE event in Tokyo.

As noted, Kenta will officially be signed and mentioned at Saturdays WWE show.

*UPDATED*

WWE has released the following video of Hulk Hogan signing KENTA to his WWE contract at their event earlier today in Osaka, Japan:

bTmPG9RSCKs

*UPDATED*

WWE sent us the following:

WWE® SIGNS JAPANESE STAR KENTA TO NXT®

STAMFORD, Conn., July 12, 2014 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced it has signed Kenta, one of Japan’s biggest stars, to its NXT division. The announcement took place during a signing ceremony at a WWE Live Event in Osaka, Japan with WWE icon and Hall of Famer, Hulk Hogan presiding.

Kenta’s intense and straight forward in-ring style has led to his success in Japan, as well as during visits to the U.S. He is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Kenta is an incredible performer who brings the crowd to its feet when he steps into the ring”, said Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Creative and Live Events, WWE. “WWE’s signing of Kenta reflects our continued dedication to creating a diverse roster that appeals to our global fan base.”

“I am humbled to join WWE’s NXT division and look forward to honing my craft with the global leader in sports entertainment,” said Kenta.

Kenta will relocate to Orlando, Florida where he will train at WWE’s state-of-the-art Performance Center to enhance his talents both athletically and creatively.

LionDen
07-12-2014, 08:47 PM
*UPDATED*

WWE has released the following video of Hulk Hogan signing KENTA to his WWE contract at their event earlier today in Osaka, Japan:

bTmPG9RSCKs

LionDen
07-12-2014, 09:12 PM
*UPDATED*

WWE sent us the following:

WWE® SIGNS JAPANESE STAR KENTA TO NXT®

STAMFORD, Conn., July 12, 2014 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced it has signed Kenta, one of Japan’s biggest stars, to its NXT division. The announcement took place during a signing ceremony at a WWE Live Event in Osaka, Japan with WWE icon and Hall of Famer, Hulk Hogan presiding.

Kenta’s intense and straight forward in-ring style has led to his success in Japan, as well as during visits to the U.S. He is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Kenta is an incredible performer who brings the crowd to its feet when he steps into the ring”, said Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Creative and Live Events, WWE. “WWE’s signing of Kenta reflects our continued dedication to creating a diverse roster that appeals to our global fan base.”

“I am humbled to join WWE’s NXT division and look forward to honing my craft with the global leader in sports entertainment,” said Kenta.

Kenta will relocate to Orlando, Florida where he will train at WWE’s state-of-the-art Performance Center to enhance his talents both athletically and creatively.

Role Model
07-14-2014, 01:26 AM
He will get me to watch NXT this signing pleases me a lot. Hopefully they don't give him a Japanese gimmick and bring him up as a straight forward wrestler as it'll give him a better chance at succeeding as an upper midcarder with some fantastic matches in the company.

LionDen
07-14-2014, 02:48 AM
I am curious if all the wrestlers using his moves will stop using them so he can use them lol or will he need to make new ones.

the madscotsman
07-14-2014, 11:40 AM
I can't believe they are sending him to NXT.

Kage
07-14-2014, 06:44 PM
What a mistake on KENTA's part. Did he not see what happened to Bernard?