PDA

View Full Version : What was Cenas reasoning for his comment about Undertaker to Heyman?

LionDen
09-11-2014, 01:15 PM
If you saw RAW this week you will remember the confrontation between Cena and Heyman.

My question is to something Cena said. How Undertaker losing to Brock Lesnar and being gone for six months while Cena was back the next week.

- Was that an off the cuff remark?
- Was Cena planting seeds for an Undertaker vs. Cena bout?
- Was WWE pissy Undertaker decided he's done for good?
- Perhaps none of these?

We will know in time know but the line certainly painted Cena as tougher than The Deadman.

Big Evil
09-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah I think that was exactly where he was going with that line. Granted we can never really know how much is scripted by the writers and how much being said is Cena going off the script, but that is definitely a shot at Taker.
Everyone pretty well knows that Undertaker only really works 'Mania every year and that is the way it is. With him being even worse off at the last show against Brock (With help from Lesnar as well), retirement was kinda forced on him. When you can't go, you can't go.
However, for Cena to come out knowing full well Undertaker doesn't show up at all during the year, and if he does it is for hyping another 'Mania match, and to say that screams that Cena is putting himself over the Undertaker.
"I can take a beating from Lesnar and come back the next week, while Undertaker hasn't been here in six months."
Says a lot about the position in the company he is in nowadays. I know I may be looking too much into this, and it could be just another topic to throw on the hype train for the rematch, but that seems like a shot to the legend.

LionDen
09-12-2014, 02:48 AM
I agree, id this not the beginning of a feud with Undertaker, Cena putting down Taker does show the power he has in the company.

Although, it could be the start of a feud because as of now the plan is for Reigns to take on the World Heavyweight champion at Wrestlemania and that will most likely be Lesnar at this point. This leaves a hole for Cena at this time and he could very well take on Taker.