PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATED* Roman Reigns has emergency surgrty and is out of Night of Champions

LionDen
09-20-2014, 10:40 PM
WWE announced this afternoon that Roman Reigns will undergo an emergency surgery today for an incarcerated hernia in Nashville, TN

At 2:31 PM Eastern, WWE ran a "Breaking News" update with Scott Stanford at WWE Headquarters on the WWE Network, cutting into "Slam City."

Stanford announced that Roman Reigns' surgery was a success and that Reigns is in recovery. Reigns will remain overnight in the hospital in Nashville, TN but has been pulled from the WWE Night of Champions PPV.

Christopher Amann was on the phone. He said that "fortunately, everything seems to be doing fine." He said Reigns was resting comfortably.

Stanford asked what brought on the hernia. Dr. Amann said that it wasn't something that happened in the ring but something that Reigns had been dealing with. This morning in his hotel, Reigns woke with bad abdominal pain that was getting worse, so reached out to the WWE medical staff.

Reigns was told to go to the hospital and learned it was an incarcerated hernia, which means a loop of intestine had wrapped around it. Obviously, that required immediate emergency surgery.

Reigns will be out of the ring at least 4-6 weeks but possibly as long as three months. He said that Reign's physical fitness won't help him in recovering from a hernia operation. Amann said the big thing is letting the tissue and muscle heal before he's allowed to do anything physical. He said they won't let him return until he's completely cleared.

UPDATE:

WWE Dr. Chris Amann has updated his prognosis for Roman Reigns’ hernia surgery saying, "Most of the time, the recovery time for something like this in terms of returning to physical activity is between four and six weeks. This was a pretty significant hernia, so it will probably be closer to six weeks."

Reigns tweeted the following today: “Thank you everyone for your kind words, support and prayers!! I'm hurting right now but it's great to know good people have my back!!"

Big Evil
09-21-2014, 12:24 AM
This really sucks for him and is bad timing all around. I know the WWE will have him come back with a big impact, but still sucks to take him out when things are going so good. I'm sure they will cover with Rollins running him mouth and have Ambrose make his return to kick ass. We will see.

LionDen
09-21-2014, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I think they will bring Ambrose back at the PPV now. Whether they have a impromptu match or not, we will see.

Role Model
09-21-2014, 11:22 PM
This is a huge blow for WWE and Reigns with how they were pushing him & him being the future, I can see him return by Survivor Series. WWE loses another top guy in the company with first it being Daniel Bryan and now Reigns. Right now, the only top babyface active (until Ambrose comes back) is John Cena.

LionDen
09-22-2014, 12:18 AM
This is a huge blow for WWE and Reigns with how they were pushing him & him being the future, I can see him return by Survivor Series. WWE loses another top guy in the company with first it being Daniel Bryan and now Reigns. Right now, the only top babyface active (until Ambrose comes back) is John Cena.

Ambrose finished filming last week so he should be back tonight or RAW tomorrow. Mostt likely tonight with Reigns out for up to 6 weeks. To be honest this is a good break for Ambrose, he can have the spotlight sjine on him while Reigns is away.

LionDen
09-22-2014, 12:18 AM
UPDATE:

WWE Dr. Chris Amann has updated his prognosis for Roman Reigns’ hernia surgery saying, "Most of the time, the recovery time for something like this in terms of returning to physical activity is between four and six weeks. This was a pretty significant hernia, so it will probably be closer to six weeks."

Reigns tweeted the following today: “Thank you everyone for your kind words, support and prayers!! I'm hurting right now but it's great to know good people have my back!!"