PDA

View Full Version : John Morrison Reveals Why He Left WWE

Role Model
10-13-2014, 04:54 AM
Former WWE superstar John Morrison has remained out of the spotlight in the years since his WWE departure. With a slew of new direct-to-DVD movie roles and a roster spot on the new Lucha Underground program, he's resurfaced.

There were question marks surrounding his WWE departure in November 2011, with most expecting an eventual comeback. Although that comeback has yet to happen on the National scene, he has still worked on various independent shows. Last week on Chris Jericho's Talk Is Jericho podcast, Morrison spoke about why he left WWE.

"They wanted me to sign for 5-years," Morrison said. "I might not be able to move the way I did in my prime, and I figured if I wanted to do an action movie the way I wanted to, the time is now."

Morrison also stated that he had to heal up from a neck injury in which he'd had surgery on earlier in 2011. He was urged by Triple H, John Laurinaitis and the WWE offices to return as quickly as possible, before he had fully healed. Lingering injuries contributed to his decision to take time off.

Morrison has since starred in the film "Hercules Reborn" and will be one of the headlining acts on the aforementioned Lucha Underground show on the El Rey network.

the madscotsman
10-13-2014, 01:48 PM
I don't like the way they "encourage" talent to return as quickly as possible from neck injuries. I think they did this to Kurt Angle as well.

Smartmark
10-13-2014, 02:19 PM
WWE blew it with JoMo. As they have done with so many wrestlers in the past. It's sad

muzi
10-13-2014, 07:15 PM
John Morrison was very talented but has never been an 'A+ player'..so what would have been the perspective for him in WWE? Winning the IC title 17 times..?

Smartmark
10-13-2014, 09:19 PM
^^ Why would he have been a worse World Champion than anyone else??

the madscotsman
10-13-2014, 11:34 PM
John Morrison was very talented but has never been an 'A+ player'..so what would have been the perspective for him in WWE? Winning the IC title 17 times..?

His matches where more exciting than anything Orton or HHH has ever done.

Denise
10-14-2014, 12:41 AM
i nevcer liked him until he became a good guy again. I hated him with melina. but i wouldnt mind him back tbh

Travicity
10-14-2014, 12:52 AM
Zero charisma.

Role Model
10-14-2014, 12:55 AM
I could of seen him do well as a main-event star...maybe if he had stayed would of been World Champion. He could work a good match with anyone and had a phenomenal look despite his lack of mic skills.

Kage
10-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Zero charisma.

Maybe like 3 charisma

LionDen
10-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Still a bit silly yo say he left because they offered him a 5 year contract and he wanted to make movies. So many people would kill for that offer and who is say his movie career will kick off. He probably in Lucha Underground just to get a bit of spotlight again.