PDA

View Full Version : Irwin fan to feed placenta to reptiles

Kellie
09-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Irwin fan to feed placenta to reptiles

A die-hard fan of late "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin plans to feed his baby son's placenta to giant lizards in a bizarre tribute to his reptile-loving hero, he said Tuesday.

Australian Wil Kemp hopes the offering will help bring his son — born the day after Irwin was killed in a freak stingray attack on September 4 — closer to the cold-blooded world of the creatures that both he and Irwin loved.

Zoo reptile keeper Kemp, 21, and his fiancee Kahila Pepper named their son Tai Irwin Kemp — Tai in honour of the Taipan snake and Irwin as a tribute to the slain wildlife daredevil.

Now they want to take the homage a step further and feed the placenta to their three pet goanna lizards, which live in pits in their garden which borders on the zoo where Kemp works.

"I want him (Tai) to get into reptiles, I want both (sons) ... to," he said, referring also to his 18th-month-old first born, Ramsay, who was named after the Latin term for the Woma python.

"So I thought maybe if I feed his placenta to a reptile it might bring him a little bit closer to them, I'm not sure, maybe not, it can't hurt," Kemp told the Australian Associated Press.

"I think we'll just break some beers, chuck it in and do it," he said of the ceremony scheduled to take place during a family gathering on Sunday.

The snake-wrangler said Irwin, who became a worldwide celebrity through his televised close encounters with all manner of dangerous creatures on his "Crocodile Hunter" show, had been a shaping force in his life.

Irwin, 44, died when a stingray's barb pierced his chest as he snorkelled on the Great Barrier Reef while filming a new television show.

His death sparked a massive outpouring of popular grief that culminated in a moving and slickly-choreographed public memorial service held at his beloved Australia Zoo, which lies about 100 kilometers (60 miles) north of Brisbane.

Kemp works at a zoo in Rockhampton, about 630 kilometers (390 miles) north of Brisbane, the largest city in northeastern Queensland state.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/afp.gif

Weirdo :eek:

Kaz
09-27-2006, 09:30 AM
I saw that... 1 word- EWW

Jodes
09-28-2006, 11:08 AM
kind of weird IMO:eek: