PDA

View Full Version : Booker T Apologizes For Owen Hart Comment

Slayer_X
04-28-2015, 04:56 AM
Booker T is receiving a lot of heat from fans on social media after a comment he made about the late Owen Hart on tonight's RAW. During Neville vs. Luke Harper in the King of the Ring tournament, JBL and Booker T were talking about how Neville could be the first high-flying King in WWE. JBL commented that Owen was a high-flyer but not like Neville and Booker said Owen "didn't defy gravity" like Neville. It seemed innocent the way he said it but there appeared to be activity on the headset as there was a bit of awkwardness after the line.

Booker apologized on Twitter after RAW:

Booker T. Huffman ✔@BookerT5x
I would never say anything to disrespect the legacy of Owen Hart. If I did offend anyone, I apologize.

I watched it twice because Neville is bad ass . I heard the comment and noticed no awkwardness after = Slayer_x

Big Evil
04-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Well this is what the WWE gets by trying to add tag lines and slogans onto all the wrestlers. You have the 'Lunatic Fringe' Dean Ambrose, and now the 'Man who gravity forgot' Adrian Neville. It was a innocent line that someone had to take the wrong way. I have no doubt that Booker was just trying to play off of JBL on commentary and seriously doubt he would take a jab at the accident that took Owen's life like that. Booker was just playing off of the one-liners that the WWE feel they have to add to their talent now.

frisco
04-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Absolutely. I heard the line and never once took it as offensive towards Owen. I think sometimes people are looking for things to be offended over. WWE goes annoyingly far in their "slogans." I can remember one match a long while ago with Jeff Hardy when they must have referred to him as the "enigmatic..." something or other maybe 10 times in the span of five minutes. Yeah, we get it. He's "enigmatic" now please stop.

I think, as you said, Booker was just working off Neville's slogan. No disrespect intended.