PDA

View Full Version : JBL Blogs on Confederate Flag Controversy

Slayer_X
06-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Amidst Confederate Flag controversy stemming from the recent Charleston, SC shooting, WWE announcer JBL posted the following on Facebook:

Gonna be on my friend Jerry Doyle’s show tonight talking about Confederate Flag issue. Amazing to me that the flag was born out of biggest treasonous event in our country’s history and the core problem was owning another race of human beings as slaves-yet, some want to claim that these four years (1861-1865), that a flag that was never even adopted as the Confederacy Flag is ‘their heritage’.
A lot of soldiers died for this flag-so did a lot of soldiers die for the Nazi flag, sorry to say those lives were wasted in both cases.
The flag came into prominence because of the Klan and white supremacists after the war-some heritage. I think if a person wants to put out s symbol of hate and discrimination and hang it on their private property-they have every right to do so, even though I hate it. But I think government should not be allowed to display it publicly except a museum of history-and only in a case inside.
I hope we can move on from something as disgraceful as this flag.

the madscotsman
06-24-2015, 02:16 PM
This seems a real sore point for JBL. I assumed that all southern people loved that flag. I suppose that says more about me than it does anybody else.

Slayer_X
06-24-2015, 04:06 PM
This seems a real sore point for JBL. I assumed that all southern people loved that flag. I suppose that says more about me than it does anybody else.

I was born and raised here in South Carolina and don't care much for it . When the KKK started waving it, "heritage" went out the window. It is a symbol of hate now and belongs in a museum . JBL comparing it to the Nazi flag is fitting . People need to move on and quit wasting time and tax dollars arguing over it . When it comes down maybe politicians making a living protesting it will go back to New York or wherever and leave my state to handle it's own affairs . I am proud to be a South Carolinian and of my history .

Big Evil
06-25-2015, 08:23 PM
I agree with JBL on this... the flag was never about heritage or whatever nonsense people want to label it as. This flag existed because a large majority of people wanted to go to war over being allowed to OWN other people. You can never let that history fade away... You can try and ignore it, but it will always be there. Any sensible American will know better than to have the Confederate flag waived above any of our nation's buildings or our own houses. It is a terrible mark of a dark time in American history. The only flags we should be proud of displaying and waiving about is our Nation's flag and the State flags for the states we live in. The Confederate flag is an abomination and it is downright disrespectful to this great nation to try and hold it high as if it belongs beside the US flag. But what can you do? There are always going to be ignorant, racist people out there who choose to put something as bad as that on a pedestal and worship it.