PDA

View Full Version : Magnus Talks Most Notable Feuds in TNA

Shootkick Man
07-22-2015, 12:38 AM
Former TNA Wrestler Magnus spoke with Marc Madison of The News Hub. Here are some highlights:

Most notable feuds in TNA:
To me the most significant feud I had was with Samoa Joe. First we had the tag team that was just to me one of my fondest memories. It was so easy but also so good that I just put it on cruise control. We just had so much energy and so much momentum that eventually turned into a singles rivalry first with the TV title and then after things developed the way they did and then we were in the (Main Event) Mafia together. Then I won the world title and then I went back and feuded with Joe again, this time for the world title. However working with Joe as either a part of a team or as an opponent was undoubtedly the highlight of my, TNA career, the highlight of my career period.

Working alongside Doug Williams:
Working with Doug definitely made me more comfortable. I said this many times as I’ve been asked about it, in a lot of ways it really saved me because we probably wouldn’t have lasted very long without that because I just didn’t belong there I was green and wasn’t cutting it. I knew that I needed a way to get better while still being on television and that tag team provided the perfect outlet. I think Jeff Jarrett was behind it which would make perfect sense to me because Jeff has a great philosophy and logic and he has a great eye for talent.

I think it was a way to go, look we complement each other perfectly. I was very comfortable on the mic and very comfortable with the showmanship element and I wasn’t very comfortable with the mechanics in the ring because I just didn’t have the experience yet. I didn’t have the rep. Doug was obviously well known by everybody and very well respected as an in-ring technician and a mechanic. But was perhaps not considered the most exciting or dynamic character or promo guy so between us we created this great act. I think I allowed him to come out of his shell as an entertainer and he allowed me to develop as a wrestler. It was a perfect marriage.