PDA

View Full Version : WWE Responds To Report On Wrestlers Dying Early

Slayer_X
08-11-2015, 07:31 PM
- BBC ran this article over the weekend asking the age-old question about why so many wrestlers die young. It was noted that cardiovascular disease was the most common cause of death, and the rate of death for wrestlers aged between 45 and 54 was nearly 3x greater than the rate for men in the U.S. WWE sent them the following statement:

"Unfortunately, some past performers were part of a generation of wrestlers who made unhealthy and poor personal lifestyle choices, which in some cases continued beyond their years in the ring.
"Today's athletes take great pride and personal responsibility for their overall health and well-being. Notwithstanding, WWE talent are subject to random drug testing and expected to live healthy lifestyles."

the madscotsman
08-12-2015, 11:13 AM
I think we will see less and less wrestlers dying in the coming years. Mainly because I don't think that there is as big of a partying culture as there used to be. Meaning I don't think as many wrestlers are getting hammered or high every night. I also don't think that steroid use is as rampant as it used to be.