PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey Comments on WrestleMania, Return to WWE

Kemo
08-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Ronda Rousey shocked the world when she entered a WWE ring for the first time at WrestleMania 31, and the undefeated UFC women's bantamweight champion fully intends to do it again at some point.

When asked about the possibility of working with WWE down the line in a Reddit Ask Me Anything, the 28-year-old superstar suggested it was a matter of when rather than if she would make another appearance for the sports entertainment juggernaut.

"Definitely," Rousey wrote. "I loved being in WrestleMania and will find a way to get back in the squared circle. I just have no clue when. And any real wrestling fan would want to be surprised anyway."

The 2008 Olympic bronze medalist in judo wears her wrestling fandom on her sleeve, as her "Rowdy" nickname is derived from the legendary "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, who recently died at the age of 61.

After dominating Bethe Correia at UFC 190, Rousey even referenced Hot Rod in her interview, according to Damon Martin of Fox Sports.

"I just want to say we lost a really close friend, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, who gave me permission to use his name as a fighter, so I hope him and my dad had a good time watching this today," Rousey said.

There has naturally been a ton of speculation regarding Rousey's WWE future since March 29's WrestleMania 31, with a potential match involving The Rock, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon being mentioned, per Fox Sports' Jimmy Traina, since the four of them interacted at that event.

Since WrestleMania 32 is taking place April 3, 2016, at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, and WWE has designs on breaking the attendance record for The Showcase of Immortals, getting Rousey involved in some way would be ideal.

A singles match against McMahon, a tag team match pitting Rousey and The Rock against McMahon and Triple H or perhaps even a match with Rousey acting as a ringside enforcer would all provide a major boost for WWE.

UFC President Dana White has publicly suggested that Rousey won't be competing for WWE anytime soon, though, which creates some serious question marks.

Rousey clearly has the desire to work with WWE, but plenty of obstacles must be overcome in order to make it happen.

It's possible that WWE fans may have to wait until Rousey's UFC career comes to an end before seeing her wrestle a match with the company, although it promises to be worth the wait regardless of how long it takes.

the madscotsman
08-12-2015, 11:31 AM
I think Ronda will end her MMA career sooner than people think.

Kemo
08-13-2015, 03:42 AM
I think Ronda will end her MMA career sooner than people think.

she's running out of people to fight in her weight class. And I think she's getting more interested in making movies.

the madscotsman
08-13-2015, 11:13 AM
she's running out of people to fight in her weight class. And I think she's getting more interested in making movies.

She has Cyborg left to fight, who might or might not be able to make weight/pass the drug test, and then she's done. Pro wrestling here we come.
I can't wait to see Dana's face when She debuts on Raw.

Kemo
08-13-2015, 04:59 PM
She has Cyborg left to fight, who might or might not be able to make weight/pass the drug test, and then she's done. Pro wrestling here we come.
I can't wait to see Dana's face when She debuts on Raw.

I meant she was running out of people in the UFC in her weight class. And if Cyborg does not go down to 135, she won't be fighting her. And like you said, pass a drug test.

As much as I love Ronda, I don't know if she can beat Cyborg. That would be a nail biter for sure.

the madscotsman
08-13-2015, 06:56 PM
I'm a huge fan of Ronda aswell and I think as long as she doesn't stand with Cyborg to prove a point, then I think Ronda will make her tap.