PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman & Jim Ross Talk About Brock Lesnar's Work Ethic, His Future & More

Kemo
08-20-2015, 01:06 AM
Paul Heyman and Jim Ross spoke to Jonathan Snowden of Bleacher Report this week to discuss Brock Lesnar as he prepares to face The Undertaker this Sunday at WWE SummerSlam. Here are some highlights:

Brock Lesnar's Work Ethic:

Jim Ross: "He's got a very devoted worth ethic because that's how he was raised. When you're raised on a dairy farm, people have to understand, those cows are milked every morning and every evening every day of the year. So when you're raised on a dairy farm, you understand the word 'commitment' and nose to the grindstone, for lack of a better term. And that's the environment that he knew. That's all he knew. So I think that has helped him establish his character, his integrity, as far as how he approaches his vocation."

Lesnar Shattering The Undertaker's Mystique:

Paul Heyman: "Because the streak was something very special and everyone wanted to believe it would be the exception that defines the rule. That something in the world of sport or entertainment or sports entertainment could truly live on forever. People are still legitimately pissed off because so many people look to live vicariously through the personas and the characters in WWE because it's a fantasy world. And all of a sudden, the fantasy world of WWE got b---h-slapped into waking up from their dream, because, much like everything else in life, the streak came to an end. And no one likes it when their fantasy is burst. No one."

Vince McMahon's Decision To Work With Brock Lesnar Again:

Jim Ross: "It proved to me that despite all those people who love to stand on their soapbox and talk about McMahon's ego, that he still is gonna do what's best for his company that he's built from the territorial smoky arenas to the global brand that it is. It has been built on his back. And he's had to eat a lot of s--t over the years. That was one of the things he taught me when he promoted me to be in charge of the talent roster and to retool it and to try to change the personality of the locker room. He said, 'You have to learn to eat a lot of s--t.' He said, 'You'll never like the taste of it, but you'll get used to it.'"

Lesnar Re-Signing With WWE This Year & His Future:

Paul Heyman: "His timing is impeccable. He knows what he's doing. He is a world-class global athlete in his prime yet understands how to maximize the money he will make based on the exploitation of his persona. Brock Lesnar is not done yet. Brock Lesnar has not accomplished all that he wants to accomplish yet. And there are still things that Brock Lesnar wants to do that the public is going to be in awe of. We're just getting started here."