PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Squashed Charlotte’s Divas Title Push?

Kemo
08-24-2015, 07:20 PM
Charlotte was scheduled to win the Divas championship shortly after making her main roster debut – that is, until John Cena got involved.

According to an insider report from WZ, the plan was for Charlotte to capture the Divas championship from Nikki Bella almost immediately upon getting called up. However, John Cena went to Vince McMahon and had Charlotte’s push squashed. He was acting on behalf of his girlfriend Nikki Bella, who is close to setting a record for the longest reigning Divas Champion in history.

Not only was Charlotte’s push scaled back from what it would have been, but Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch’s dominance over WWE’s other Divas was also toned down.

Big Evil
08-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Well if this is true is gives credibility to those that said Nikki's dominance wasn't due to her own worth but due to the man she is sleeping with. If John really did squash the push of Charlotte just to favor his girlfriend securing a title reign record then he loses some respect in my book. Nikki's reign will surely not be overcome any time soon in a time when we desperately need a change in the Divas' division. If Charlotte were to win and defend her title regularly I would be far more in favor of her breaking AJ's reign, but Nikki gets to do it just because of the man she is with. Let's face facts here... the Bellas are not good wrestlers. Nikki is better than Brie, sure, but Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Paige, and many more can run circles around these two. I know backstage politics can change things in impactful ways, and it sucks to see a guy who claims that he is the true good guy using his pull to give someone who isn't as deserving for a title record that distinction, especially when there are women who are plain better and worked for everything they have just to get to this point that deserve it more. The Bellas were nothing more than models who learned to wrestle (after already being in the company), who just so happened to get with the two most popular guys at the time and have fully enjoyed the success that comes with that. Sorry for the rant, just hate to see this kind of thing...

Kemo
08-25-2015, 04:01 PM
Well if this is true is gives credibility to those that said Nikki's dominance wasn't due to her own worth but due to the man she is sleeping with. If John really did squash the push of Charlotte just to favor his girlfriend securing a title reign record then he loses some respect in my book. Nikki's reign will surely not be overcome any time soon in a time when we desperately need a change in the Divas' division. If Charlotte were to win and defend her title regularly I would be far more in favor of her breaking AJ's reign, but Nikki gets to do it just because of the man she is with. Let's face facts here... the Bellas are not good wrestlers. Nikki is better than Brie, sure, but Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Paige, and many more can run circles around these two. I know backstage politics can change things in impactful ways, and it sucks to see a guy who claims that he is the true good guy using his pull to give someone who isn't as deserving for a title record that distinction, especially when there are women who are plain better and worked for everything they have just to get to this point that deserve it more. The Bellas were nothing more than models who learned to wrestle (after already being in the company), who just so happened to get with the two most popular guys at the time and have fully enjoyed the success that comes with that. Sorry for the rant, just hate to see this kind of thing...

Great comment. I feel that exact same way.

Travicity
08-25-2015, 10:35 PM
Fuck him and Vince.

frisco
08-26-2015, 01:09 PM
And Hunter too. Can't let him go unnoticed. He and Stephanie evidently are calling the shots now.

Charlette is a good wrestler, but I don't think she's good enough on the mike to be the top diva. She just seems kind of bland. Sasha Banks on the other hand I think has a huge upside. I could see her as a very dominant ladies champion.

Relapse
08-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Well, I for one would like to say I'm not 100% sure I believe this and the reason why is HHH seems very bitter and spiteful, so it really wouldn't surprise me if the plans have been to keep Nikki the champion til she breaks AJ's record all along. I'm sure her winning it in the first place COULD have had something to do with Cena, but either way, I think the plan was to have her break AJ's record of longest Divas champion.

bigdaddybaughman
08-28-2015, 12:11 AM
Wrestling is hardly ever about wrestling. It has been said by some of the greats the best wrestler is not always the champ. Hkw can people still be still be surprised by it. John may have pull by it all comes down to the powers that be and what'sbest for business