PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey To Retire In Three Or Four Years?

Kemo
09-02-2015, 06:08 PM
It looks like fans of the Ronda Rousey era in mixed-martial-arts better soak it up while they can, because the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion herself recently indicated that it won’t be going on for much longer.

Rousey appeared on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast and spoke about a number of topics, including her view of herself as more of a heel than a “good guy.”

“I’m not the protagonist. I’m the antagonist,” Rousey said. “Because the protagonist just reacts. They do nothing. The whole storyline, the whole everything that goes on, is completely dependent on the antagonist.

“I’m the one who’s forcing everybody to do something, and so I like to think of myself as more of the heel, the bad guy who you somehow sometimes root for. You can’t help it a little bit sometimes, but sometimes you hate them. I think the fact that mixed emotions come out is one of the more interesting things. I’m not trying to have everyone like me. I’m trying to have everybody care about what I’m doing.”

At 28-years-old right now, Rousey admitted that while she feels she has unfinished business in the sport, she doesn’t see herself doing this into her thirties, and by thirties she means 31 or 32.

“It just seems unfinished. My career, there’s more left to do,” Rousey said. “I don’t feel like I’m done yet. Because with the Olympics, it’s just like you win the gold medal and you’re done. With the UFC, when am I really done?

“But I’m not going to be doing this in my thirties. I don’t want to be fighting into my thirties. By thirties, I mean like 31, 32.”

And of course Rousey was asked to comment on the Cris Cyborg situation, this time focusing on the issue that seems to bother Cyborg the most, steroid accusations.

“That’s the thing, when you look at these people from before, when they’re using, and after, when they’re not, they look entirely different. And ‘Cyborg’ looks and weighs exactly the same. If she gets off, it’ll be very easy for her to make weight, from what we’ve seen with every single other person that’s gotten off.

“I can’t say with proof or anything,” Rousey added. “But if you look the exact same as you did when you were using, then what changed?”

AL2ampi5uqs