PDA

View Full Version : Conor McGregor Compares His Dominance To Ronda Rousey’s

Kemo
09-02-2015, 06:09 PM
qbtqBH6P-hk

While coaching The Ultimate Fighter 22 alongside Urijah Faber, interim UFC featherweight champion “The Notorious” Conor McGregor took some time to sit down and talk about comparisons between himself and the UFC’s other top draw, UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey.

In the video, which you can see above, McGregor talks about how he and Rousey are both at the top of their game right now.

“I feel both of us are equal at the top of the game,” said McGregor. “She is a special athlete and I’m happy to be up there with Ronda at the top of the game.”

McGregor admits Rousey’s had a tougher road to stardom than he has, but maybe not for the reasons you’d expect. McGregor believes it’s the flaws in his game that have helped him become such a draw.

“The Notorious” one does admit, however, that there are still some questions about him in terms of him being the single baddest 145 pound male fighter in the world, whereas there is no question that Rousey is the baddest woman on the planet.

“I believe, in the male spectrum, that I’m dominating the game. 100 precent. However, in the female aspect, Ronda is a two-time ESPY winner now. She’s a dominant champion. It’s very hard for her because she is so dominant.

“There’s a lot of questions about me. I am thankful for all the questions being asked about me because that generates interest which in turn generates revenue. Ronda’s just so dominant. She’s slaughtering these women ruthlessly.”

McGregor will try to answer those questions when he attempts to unify his interim UFC featherweight championship against linear UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo in the main event of UFC 194 on December 12, 2015 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.