PDA

View Full Version : Holly Holm: “I Fear Everything About Ronda Rousey”

Kemo
09-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Former women’s boxing champion turned undefeated UFC women’s bantamweight contender Holly Holm recently appeared on “Inside MMA” on AXS TV to talk about her upcoming title fight with UFC mega-star Ronda Rousey at UFC 193 in November. During the conversation, Holm outright admitted that she “fears everything” about Rousey, while at the same time claiming that “Rowdy” Ronda is “beatable.”

Below are some of the highlights from Holm’s appearance on the show.

On the style match up against Rousey: “She’s got a well-rounded game. I’m not going in there thinking, ‘oh I only have to worry about, you know, grappling.’ I do know she has knockout power so I don’t feel like you guys are going to see what you’ve seen before with her. I fear everything about her. Standup, ground, clinch, all that. And I feel like that’s the way you need to be with any fighter.”

On using her pro boxing experience in MMA: “There’s things that transfer over [from boxing] and things that don’t. There’s things from my boxing career that I had to let go of that would not work, especially in this fight. I mean, you can’t just stand there and do inside boxing with someone who’s very good at judo.”

On Rousey being beatable: “Everybody’s beatable. Is it going to be hard as heck? Absolutely. It’s going to be the hardest fight of my career. I have to absolutely do everything right from the beginning to the end of the fight. Is it going to be easy? No, that is not what I’m saying. But I’m going in there to win and it’s very possible.”

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm is scheduled for November 14, 2015 at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.