PDA

View Full Version : Triple H Talks About NXT, Sting's Impact On WWE

Kemo
09-16-2015, 11:07 PM
WWE COO Triple H spoke with with Michael Cole for this week's WWE.com sit-down interview, the 100th installment of WWE's weekly interview series.

Triple H talked about a variety of topics, including NXT alumni excelling on the main roster, Sting’s impact on WWE, and more.

When asked if he thought NXT was going to sell out the Barclay’s Center for NXT Takeover: Brooklyn, Triple H said:

"I think you want to shoot for the stars with that stuff. And, yeah, I wanted to create sort of a counter brand, another brand for the WWE that we could build the future in and try to make it as big as possible. A lot of people even asked me just going into Brooklyn when Brooklyn was suggested, I originally balked at the idea. I felt like we could sell it out, I felt like the interest in the brand was there, and I felt like the desire to see it would be there, especially in the New York area being Brooklyn, but I was hesitant to do it. What I didn’t want to do is disappoint people and have them think it would sell out and then sell 10,000 tickets and have that be seen as a disappointment. So I played up [that] I didn’t believe in it a little bit but was excited that it did as well as it did."