PDA

View Full Version : Alberto Del Rio Talks Possible MMA Retun, Rumors Of Working MMA Fights In The Past

Kemo
09-18-2015, 08:25 PM
Ir9SLlEnUTQ

The Three Amigo Podcast recently caught up with Alberto Del Rio and the former WWE Superstar who once competed in PRIDE, spoke about rumors of working fights in the past, recent rumors of an MMA fighting return and more.

Regarding the rumors that he would be returning to the world of MMA in the near future, Del Rio had the following to say.

“I don’t think I’m going to be competing in any MMA organization because it was all about money,” said Del Rio. “Of course I love the sport and everything, but you have to be rewarded at the end of the day, and I couldn’t find a company who wanted to pay me what I was asking for. Combate Americas made me a great offer to be part of their team in a different role than being in the ring, and I’m pretty happy and excited about this new chapter in my life.”

Del Rio continued, “I love Combate Americas. We are a show that is gonna be for everybody. Our target is the Latin community, but it’s a show for everybody. All the fighters are talented, they’re hungry and now they have a company that’s ready to give them a platform to show their talent to the world.”

The Mexican wrestling superstar also spoke about whether or not he has been approached in the past about working an MMA fight.

“I heard of them, but in my particular case, I never had anyone approach me like that. I never had anybody come to me and offer me money for this or for that. I also never saw it happen to anybody else. I’m not sure if they did it or not, but it’s professional sports, sometimes we have dirty people running the business and dirty people trying to ruin the sport.”