PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hughes Calls Nick Diaz A “Punk” That Doesn’t Deserve “Leniency”

Kemo
09-18-2015, 08:28 PM
Throughout his career as a fighter, Matt Hughes was known for, among other things, his blunt honesty. Now, as he settles into his career as an executive, not much has changed, particularly when the UFC Hall Of Famer recently spoke about Nick Diaz’s five-year suspension.

“I think the suspension was excessive, but you can’t walk in there like a punk and expect leniency,” said Hughes of Diaz at the NAC hearing on Monday. “I would appeal and try and get it knocked down. Maybe act different the next time I’m in front of them. Third failed test but fourth offense if you count him running away from giving a sample one time. Not to mention interviews bragging about smoking cause he knows how to beat test.”

Hughes would later go on social media to retract the “punk” portion of his statement. You can check out his tweet below.

I shouldn't have used "punk" when talking about being in front of the commission. I watched the video of him after. @remergedj

— Matt Hughes (@matthughes9x) September 17, 2015