PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Pettis Talks Possibly Dropping To 145 Pounds For Aldo Or McGregor Super Fight

Kemo
09-22-2015, 09:10 PM
8IIWRXVIl-Q

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis is talking once again about the possibility of dropping down to featherweight for a couple of potential super fights, such as bouts with Jose Aldo and/or Conor McGregor, and this time he seems serious.

“It’s all talk until it happens man,” Pettis said during an interview with GNP1.de. “He talks well, he’s doing a great job for his weight class. I mean, there would be no big money fights in featherweight, besides… that’s why I was gonna move down there. Me and Aldo was gonna be a big money fight for Aldo, but now with Conor McGregor in there, talking himself up, making himself marketable. Good for him doing that, but lightweight is a whole different place. It’s not featherweight. Featherweight is… I mean, besides Aldo, there’s not much…, I mean, there is talent, Frankie Edgar, Chad Mendes, (but) lightweight is the deepest division in the UFC, it’s a totally different story. For him to say, he’s gonna come up there and walk through everybody, it’s crazy. He’s only beat Chad Mendes, one guy in the featherweight class that’s top five.”

However the questions remains: If Pettis gets past Eddie Alvarez in his next lightweight bout, would he entertain the possibility of dropping down a weight class to make one — or both — of those super fights a reality?

“Yeah, for sure,” said Pettis. “I mean, featherweight has always been an option. I want my belt back, that’s my main goal. You know, I’m doing well financially, I’m not hurting at all. So for me, the goal right now is getting my belt back. What happens after that fight, we’ll see. People wanna see McGregor, I fight McGregor, people wanna see Aldo, I fight Aldo, that’s what it’s all about.”