PDA

View Full Version : Nick Diaz Plans To Continue Fighting MMA, Just Not In The State Of Nevada?

Kemo
09-22-2015, 09:20 PM
Although Nick Diaz was served a five-year suspension for his positive marijuana test for his UFC fight in January against Anderson Silva, it doesn’t look like the Stockton native will let that prevent him from continuing to compete in the sport of professional MMA.

“It’s upsetting,” said Diaz to TMZ.com. “I held off on having kids and getting married so I could fight. I gave my life to this. I am a fighter. It’s what I am. A lot of guys have to worry about what their wives and kids think, I don’t.”

Diaz continued, “All my attention goes towards fighting, and now I don’t know if I can fight. They’ve taken it away from me. I’ve been hearing other state athletic commissions are angry about the ruling, so hopefully I’ll be able to fight in those states.”

Obviously UFC honors the ruling oft the NSAC regardless of whether or not they hold an event in the state of Nevada, so Diaz’s plans to try and fight in other states that are ran by different athletic commissions, it might be trickier than he thinks, as he is tied into a UFC contract still, and as noted, UFC honors NSAC rulings regardless of where they hold their events.