PDA

View Full Version : Tank Abbott Says He Could Beat Ronda Rousey Without Training

Kemo
09-22-2015, 09:23 PM
There has been a lot of outlandish claims from non-fighters, or even fighters alike, that are just positive they could beat up Ronda Rousey is there were no such thing as issues with inter-gender combat sports competition, however a very familiar name from UFC’s past clearly takes the cake after comments he made this week.

Former UFC bad boy, long before “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Tito Ortiz made the name popular, David Abbott, better known to old-school UFC fans as the bar-brawling fighter Tank Abbott, claimed during a recent podcast that he could smash Rousey, and all he would want in return is for the rising UFC women’s star to make him a sandwich.

Everyone remembers how the last time food and a pre-fight wager turned out, as I believe Chael Sonnen has yet to take Anderson Silva up on his offer for a Bar-B-Q.

Tank Abbott, however, doesn’t seem to care.

Abbott, a real-life character who doesn’t have to “turn it on” in front of the cameras to be the colorful personality that he just naturally happens to be, spent time as a performer in the now defunct World Championship Wrestling (WCW) organization, a pro wrestling promotion that at one time had World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) down for an eight count, offered the following comments regarding a potential inter-gender MMA bout.

“She’s a girl, it’s all about this emotional stuff,” said Abbott in typical sexist fashion. “I will fight any woman on this Earth for free. I will! You can’t be a tranny … you gotta be a female, born a female. I won’t even train.”

From there, “Tank” went on to re-establish the “fight purse” he would be seeking if such a fantasy match were to ever take place — which, it goes without saying — will never happen.

“If I win, which is going to happen — and you’re going to get bashed up good — you have to make me a sandwich. If you win, I’ll give you $100,000.”

Well, there you have it, folks. The MMA world hasn’t heard from Tank Abbott in a while, and in typical Tank fashion...