PDA

View Full Version : Nikki Bella Says John Cena Has Nothing To Do With Her Success – “He Has Zero Pull”

Kemo
09-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Former WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella spoke with Channel Guide Magazine to promote Tuesday night’s Total Divas season finale on the E! Network.

During the interview, Nikki addressed the rumor that the only reason she was the longest reigning Divas Champion in history is because her boyfriend John Cena used his influence to make it happen. Nikki said:

“I ignore it. Even though I see the hate on social media, and it shocks me. It shocks me the rumors people start, that I have the title because of my boyfriend. If that was the case, I would have gotten the title when I came back years ago and still had the title. He has nothing to do with it. He has nothing to do with anyone’s story or anything like that. He has zero pull. We talk about it all the time because it’s funny how people say that."

Nikki said that one of the main reasons AJ Lee has such a long title run was because Vince McMahon originally didn’t want any of the Total Divas cast members holding the Divas Championship. At the time, Vince didn’t like the idea of the Divas Champion going back and forth between the WWE Universe and “reality” TV. She raised the issue of a Divas Champion losing the title during an ongoing season of the show and the former champion appearing on pre-taped episodes as champion.

She also talked about losing the Divas Championship to Charlotte earlier this month:

“When you think about it we had maybe a week to two weeks to push this. So knowing the title change was going to happen, I thought, ‘We could give them a really good match, but are they going to be that behind her? Are they going to think maybe she shouldn’t have gotten the title yet?’ I felt what we did that Monday night really got the crowd behind her."

“They really started to believe in her. As a bad guy that can’t get disqualified or if I do get disqualified I lose my title or counted out, I had to work smart [at Night of Champions]. So if I see a body part hurt, I’m going to take advantage of it. Then the good guy overcomes it in the end. That was the story we wanted to tell, and it worked out. We got them behind her. I was really happy with it. Don’t get me wrong. I miss my championship. It was a very lonely evening and in the morning.”

Filming for Season 5 of Total Divas is already underway and will begin airing in early 2016.