View Full Version : Jon Jones Issues Statement On Guilty Plea In Hit & Run Case

Kemo
10-01-2015, 02:52 AM
As noted earlier, former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones was sentenced today to 18 months’ probation today in an an Albuquerque, New Mexico, courtroom. He pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of a crash, closing the loop on an April hit and run accident that he fled from. After finishing up in court, he retweeted a note from his representatives at EAG Sports Management that linked to the following statement:

"With regards to today’s decision made by the court, I am very happy to now be able to put this incident behind me. My actions have caused pain and inconvenience in the lives of others and for that I am truly sorry and I accept full responsibility. I have been working hard during this time away from my sport to grow and mature as a man and to ensure that nothing like this happens again. I have learned a great deal from this situation and I am determined to emerge a better person because of it. I apologize to those who were affected by my actions in this incident and I am hopeful that I will be given the opportunity to redeem myself in the eyes of the public, my family and friends as well as my supporters. I am not sure what the future holds for me but I plan to continue to do the work needed to be productive and successful in every aspect of my life."

In May, UFC President Dana White announced that Jones will get an immediate shot at regaining the light heavyweight title whenever he returns. The title is on the line this Saturday night, as Daniel Cormier defends the title for the first time against Alexander Gustafsson in the main event of UFC 192 live of pay-per-view from Houston, Texas.