PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Gastelum Dodges Question About UFC Hiring Nutritionist

Kemo
10-01-2015, 03:01 AM
[yt]Jvg9Kxc7wGY[yt]

Back on September 14th, UFC.com’s UFC Minute focused on the upcoming Kelvin Gastelum vs. Matt Brown fight and Gastelum’s past issues with making weight at welterweight. In the past, he’s weighed in at 172.5 lbs. (vs. Nico Musoke) and 180 lbs. (vs. Tyron Woodley after falling ill and being rehydrated in the hospital) for fights with the 171 lb. non-title welterweight limit. After a single fight banishment to middleweight (where he dominated aging former welterweight Nate Marquardt), he’s back at welterweight…but he said that UFC is paying for his nutritionist, George Lockhart.

The day that the video went up, Brown tweeted this:

@UFC pays for his nutritionist? Conflict of interest? Gonna need more than chicken and broccoli to beat me anyway. https://t.co/GNPAe2LenQ

— Matt Brown (@IamTheImmortal) September 14, 2015

Today, GNP TV posted the interview with Gastelum at the top of this article, which they also transcribed into an article (in German). When asked about Brown’s criticism, Gastelum didn’t really answer the question. “I never heard Matt Brown complain about anything, I never heard him complain about anybody. Who knows what his mentality is. He might be making up excuses for the fight, who knows?”

Brown vs. Gastelum headlines The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 2 Finale on November 21st in Monterrey Mexico. In addition to it being Gastelum’s return to welterweight, it’s his first fight fighting out of Kings MMA (home of UFC Champions Fabricio Werdum and Rafael Dos Anjos) with Rafael Cordeiro as his coach.