PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins Comments On Sting's Injury From Night Of Champions

Kemo
10-09-2015, 05:52 AM
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins was a guest on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast this week and spoke candidly about Sting getting injured at Night of Champions.

Sting took a corner powerbomb and got rocked so badly the match was temporarily stopped and they wound up 'going home' sooner than planned. Since then, many have been questioning whether the 56-year old icon should be wrestling hard hitting main event matches against guys like Rollins, who is under 30.

Here's what Rollins said about it:

“It was an amazing experience for me to get to step into the ring with somebody I dressed up [as for] Halloween. I mean, I was Sting two years in a row when I was like 13, 14, so it was pretty rad to be in there with a legend like that.”

“Ironically enough, Sting got a ‘stinger’. It happens to all of us, but it was just bad timing in his situation.” Rollins added, “we got through it, and he’s a professional.”

“I mean nothing against Sting – he’s in phenomenal condition, but he’s also a 56-year-old man.” Rollins continued, “I have taken the buckle bomb myself many times. It’s just one of those things. It’s a freak accident.”

“I feel terrible. I was definitely concerned about his health, still am, but after tests and everything, he seems to be okay, so it’s all good.” Rollins also said, “he’s going to make a good recovery”.