PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Aguilar Not Happy About Losing Her #1 Ranking In UFC

Kemo
10-10-2015, 05:04 PM
VfOm_ITajUU

Jessica Aguilar has dropped dramatically in the UFC rankings since her loss at UFC 190 against Claudia Gadelha, and she wants back up on the list.

“I went from being ranked the No. 1 strawweight in the world to losing and being ranked the No. 12 strawweight,” Aguilar told reporters backstage at UFC 192 this past Saturday at Toyota Center in Houston. “For me, it’s finding the right opponents to get back to that title contention.”

Jessica Aguilar (19-5) has won four of her last six fights. She beat Patricia Vidonic at Bellator 94 by split decision, she left that promotion to beat Megumi Fuji in October of 2013 in Japan by majority decision. She joined WSOF in 2014. She beat Alida Gray wat WSOF 8 where she won by first-round arm-triangle choke. She then beat Emi Fujino at WSOF 10 by unanimous decision and then beat Kalindra Faria at WSOF 15 the same way. She then lost to Claudia Gadelha by unanimous decision at UFC 190.

Aguilar stated that she plans to return to action in early 2016.

“We’ll see what happens when I have a proper camp,” she said. “[I’ll] show everyone who I really am.”