PDA

View Full Version : WWE Looking At Bringing Back Alberto Del Rio?

Kemo
10-11-2015, 08:29 PM
WWE has been looking to sign and develop a top singles star specifically for the Hispanic market. In recent weeks, in addition to Carlito, current AAA Mega Heavyweight Champion and fellow former WWE Superstar Alberto El Patron’s name has come up.

Whether or not this means a line of communication has opened up between El Patron and WWE remains to be seen. Regardless, the latest word is that WWE is absolutely interested in re-signing El Patron if the right opportunity presents itself, despite all of their well-documented history, particularly the incident that led to El Patron and WWE going their separate ways.

With Lucha Underground confirmed now for a second season, a WWE return for El Patron seems unlikely.

Big Evil
10-11-2015, 11:27 PM
They need to fire the racist jerk that prompted him to deliver some open-handed justice. When that happens, I'm sure Alberto wouldn't have an issue coming back. Until that happens, don't expect a re-signing.

the madscotsman
10-12-2015, 01:24 PM
They need to fire the racist jerk that prompted him to deliver some open-handed justice. When that happens, I'm sure Alberto wouldn't have an issue coming back. Until that happens, don't expect a re-signing.

Apparently that guy was fired shortly after Del Rio was. If he wasn't then I agree with you that he should be. Although I think there is a bigger problem with WWE as to the way that Hispanic wrestlers are treated. I mean look at what they did with the Mexicools: they took three of the best highflyers in the world put them in boiler suits and had them drive a lawn mower to the ring.
If that's how they Market to Hispanics then I'm glad that they don't market towards Scottish people.

Big Evil
10-12-2015, 03:23 PM
You have a very good point there. Racism doesn't end with one guy and the WWE is well-known to be chock full of racists that ruin the potential of some wrestlers due to their bigotry. Things need to change but the WWE doesn't want to change as long as there are plenty of talent to pull in that fits what they like.