PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Hogan: Media Was “Abusive” In Covering Racist Comments

Kemo
10-15-2015, 01:19 AM
YltvOXw0Lvg

To promote his upcoming U.K. speaking gig, Hulk Hogan appeared on BBC Radio 5’s Sarah and Dan’s Extra Edition. Not surprisingly, he was asked about his leaked racist comments that were on on a sex tape shot without his permission. He’s changed his tune a little from the stock answer he was using on his apology tour. Here’s what it said:

Why did I say it? I don’t know why I said it. Biggest mistake I’ve ever done. Biggest mistake I’ve ever made. It’s kind of like The Rock said, ‘Everybody talks smack once in a while.’ I was in a bad place, and it doesn’t even matter that it was said in private. I never should have said it, I feel horrible for it.

The WWE, what they did, that was just…they had to do what was best for their business. At the time, that was their choice.

Yeah. It’s been a crazy ride the last couple months because at first, everybody knee-jerk reacted and kind of went crazy, then went ‘Wait a minute, we know who this guy is!’ and they thought about it and realized what the situation was. That this one thing doesn’t define what we feel or what we think about Hulk Hogan. Then, a lot of the critics and the media who beat on me so hard, they actually got sympathy on me. People actually feel bad that the media’s been so abusive.

So it’s been a crazy couple months, but everybody out there knows who I am and I’m really good right now.

[..]

These people I hurt so bad, I apologize for. But I think that once it sank in, they went ‘He said this where? And it was in private? And it was eight years ago? And he apologized? I haven’t changed the way I feel about Hulk Hogan, he just made a huge mistake, and he’s very upset about it. I think the people had a chance to think through it, and like I said, they know who I am, so everything’s really good. [beat] If you wanna talk about wrestling, I’d love to keep talking with you.

After the interview was edited into the show, one of the hosts joked that it was “a legal minefield.”