PDA

View Full Version : Travis Browne Breaks His Silence On Domestic Abuse Allegations

Kemo
10-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Travis Browne has broken his silence on being accused of domestic abuse by his estranged wife Jenna Webb. Browne was suspended by the UFC until an internal investigation cleared him of wrongdoing, and Browne says he cooperated more than he was even legally bound to do.

“If I threw rocks at every dog that barked, I would not get to where I’m going,” Browne said in his interview with The MMA Hour. “That’s part of being in the public eye. Unfortunately, not everybody understands that.

“Have I ever gotten physical towards her?” Browne said. “No, absolutely not. Like I said, there’s circumstances surrounding all this. That’s up to her and her family to deal with. I’m back to fighting. The results speak for themselves.

“I think people have the wrong idea about the investigation that the UFC put on,” Browne said. “A lot of people feel like it was an investigation to clear me, which that is the farthest thing from the truth. The whole point of that investigation was to find the truth.

“I’m a lot of things. I can be an asshole. I can be mean. But putting my hands on a woman is absolutely not in me. That goes against everything in my DNA as a human being. The general public may not have an understanding about me and what I do, how I feel about my children, how I feel about my family, how protective I am over my family and children. They just see a big guy in a cage that fights, that knocks people out or this and that.

“I’ve moving onward and upward,” Browne said. “It was a bump in the road and it was a very unfortunate situation. The truth has come to light. In a sense, the truth will set you free. Even though it’s in the court of public opinion, people are just headline hunting instead of educating themselves.”

Browne is scheduled to fight Matt Mitrione at UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw vs. Cruz on Jan. 17 in Boston.