PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy Says His Knee Injury Is Career-Threatening, Frustrated Over TNA

Kemo
10-15-2015, 06:15 PM
TNA star Jeff Hardy spoke to The Daily Star to promote TNA’s 2016 UK tour. During the interview, Jeff spoke candidly about his knee injury (torn PCL) and hoping it will not require surgery to fix:

“I have a torn PCL [posterior cruciate ligament] in my right knee and it’s been torn ever since I broke my tibia. They put a rod in my tibia, so after all the swelling went down I knew something was wrong with my knee. I finally went to the doctor, and I had an MRI, and found out it was a torn PCL.”

“I just started physical therapy last week, it’s been really tough. Hopefully that is going to work and I can avoid surgery. Fingers crossed.”

Hardy knows that major knee surgery could prevent him from working the in-ring style he’s pioneered over the past two decades. In the event that he can’t perform at the level fans are used to seeing for him, he might retire from active competition.

“I think a lot of it is psychological. The thing is, my style, I’m the kinda guy who if I feel I can’t wrestle the style that I always have, then I’m not going to want to wrestle at all.”

There is no time frame for a return, Jeff says, but he is working as hard as he possibly can to get back to doing what he loves, and what fans the world over love to see.

Jeff also commented on TNA’s lack off success over the years and expressed frustration with the company not taking off light it should have.

“I just don’t understand it and I never will because I’ve watched so many TNA shows that are just great. Drew Galloway is awesome. I love watching him wrestle, and cut promos. EC3 is right there, he is the top dog. Yeah, it’s frustrating to wonder why, and understand why it has not taken off like it rightfully should have.”