PDA

View Full Version : Road Warrior Animal Talks About Being Denied WWE Performance Center Job

Kemo
10-17-2015, 03:41 AM
When trying to get work within the WWE, being one-half of one of the most identifiable acts in professional wrestling history still doesn’t seem to do someone like Road Warrior Animal any favors.

Animal spoke to the hosts on the latest edition of the “Jobbing Out” podcast about trying to gain employment with the WWE as a WWE Performance Center coach.

“I’ve approached them,” Animal explained during the podcast, “Dusty (Rhodes) approached them on my behalf. For whatever reason, the office has their favorite guys. I understand that. One of the first deals I made when I signed with Vince McMahon was that when I was done that I wanted to coach. It’s water under the bridge, it ain’t going to happen. It’s never going to happen.”

Needing tag team wrestling coaches in particular, Animal singled out the WWE Performance Center first. According to Animal, there is a lot of favoritism in job placement and he believes that coaching the tag division is imperative.

“You have to have guys coaching who know tag team wrestling,” Animal explained. “You have to have the experience. The business has to get away from ‘this guy is my buddy, so he gets a job.'”

Road Warrior Animal will be at the Maryland Championship Wrestling this upcoming weekend.