PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar Says He Felt Robbed By Diverticulitis During His UFC Run

Kemo
10-22-2015, 04:48 AM
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar spoke about his UFC run during his appearance on WWE Hall Of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s “Stone Cold Podcast” on the WWE Network this past Monday night, saying he felt “robbed by diverticulitis.”

Lesnar explained to Austin that he couldn’t reach his full potential while fighting in the Octagon because he felt sick all the time.

“I felt robbed by diverticulitis. I felt robbed by being sick. I was feeling good and it took me a couple years to start feeling good,” Lesnar said.

He went on to describe to Austin how he nearly re-signed with the UFC when his previous WWE contract expired after WrestleMania earlier this year.

“I’m at home, I’m working out, my life is great, everything’s in tune, my contract’s coming to an end with WWE, hey it’s been a great time but something’s missing. I was up front and totally honest with the company and told them I’m really thinking of getting back in the Octagon,” said Lesnar. “I started training camp. I wanted to test myself and see where I was — not more physical, but mentally. I wanted to see the mental challenges that it was going to take. If your head’s not in the game, the last place you want to get into is in the Octagon. It was really unfair for me.”

Lesnar concluded the subject by revealing that had he not been sick during his UFC tenure, he may have never returned to the WWE.

To this day, I don’t know if I’d be a pro wrestler if I hadn’t gotten sick. I may not be here. I’d still be banging heads.”