PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Lashley Considering Fight With Kimbo Slice In February

Kemo
11-04-2015, 03:17 AM
ech7fYAxCuM

After beating Ken Shamrock at Bellator 138, Kimbo Slice is set to return to the Bellator cage on February 19th in Houston, TX against an opponent yet to be announced. In an interview with MMA Junkie, Bobby Lashley says the promotion is pushing “really hard” for him to be Kimbo’s next opponent.

Lashley thinks Bellator MMA just wants to put the fight together for TV ratings purposes, but says that he wouldn’t decline the offer to face his personal friend Kimbo Slice.

“I think they’re just trying to create a buzz. I think they’re trying to figure out who the next fight is for who.”

“Bellator is big on putting those big fights together, and I think if they get something like Kimbo and myself, that would be a big fight,” he said. “If Bellator needs something or wants something, then I’ll leave it up to them.”

“One, I’m good friends with Kimbo,” Lashley said. “Two, he is (American Top Team). But at the end of the day, if monetarily it makes sense, and they spoke to Kimbo and Kimbo was wanting to do it, I wouldn’t decline it. I let Bellator deal with that part, and if they come with something that makes sense, and if there’s something they want to do, I have to take it into consideration.”

Lashley says if he did take the fight with his friend, he already has a game plan in mind:

“Kimbo’s going to swing for the fences; I’m not opposed to standing up and swinging,” Lashley said. “But of course, I have my wrestling background. I take people down. I take people down, and I punish them on the ground.

“So if I played the complete, smart game, it would be take him down, go for the submission – go for the ground and pound. If I wanted to just go out there and prove people right or prove people wrong, I’d stand up and swing with him. I’m not opposed to either one.” — MMAJunkie

For now, Lashley is focused on his fight this Friday (November 6) against James Thompson at Bellator 145. The event, which takes place at St. Louis’ Scottrade Center, airs live on Spike at 9PM ET, with the prelims streaming on Spike.com at 7PM ET.