PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe On Reason He Was Brought To NXT, Working With A Young John Cena, More

Kemo
11-04-2015, 05:45 PM
tvTF2JBa_4Y

During his recent appearance alongside Bo Dallas and Neville on WWE Network’s “Table For 3” original series, veteran wrestler and NXT star Samoa Joe spoke about working with a young John Cena in UPW and how Jim Ross told Joe he wasn’t what WWE was looking for back then.

“That’s where John started,” said Joe. “Actually, I worked with him a ton. He was dedicated back then, so anyways, John got the [WWE] deal. I met Jim Ross at the time and Jim Ross said, ‘you know, maybe you’re not really what we’re looking for right now’.”

Joe also spoke about working international territories and ultimately making it to WWE.

“Contrary to wisdom back when I first started out, way back when, I find myself here in WWE.”

Samoa Joe also spoke about the reason he was brought to NXT, and how he still has aspirations of joining the main WWE roster.

“I was kind of brought in to add to the momentum that NXT has going. I mean, obviously, I think we all want to go win the big one, but I also wouldn’t mind helping NXT be part of a bigger thing.” Joe added, “it’s a real unusual kind of time, to kind of be a part of this process and a very unique position for me, kind of, coming in, so, I don’t know, man. I’m kind of laying back and seeing what cards are dealt and playing the best hand.”

“Table For 3” featuring Samoa Joe, Neville and Bo Dallas is available on the WWE Network right now.