PDA

View Full Version : WWE Rearranging House Show Lineups In Light Of Seth Rollins’ Injury

Kemo
11-06-2015, 10:33 PM
With Seth Rollins blowing out his knee and Dublin, Ireland and vacating the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, WWE has a lot of things to get done. Of course, in the big picture, they need to figure out who will become the new champion and how. The more immediate concern, though, is how to deal with the house shows. WWE is already missing John Cena (on hiatus), Randy Orton (injured), and Daniel Bryan (not cleared due to concerns over the quantity of concussions he’s suffered), so there aren’t a lot of of options.

What did they do, then?

According to Dave Meltzer and Mike Johnson, Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose have been moved from the “Roman Reigns” tour to what had been the “Seth Rollins” tour. That means that the top three matches on each tour are now:

The Former Seth Rollins crew:

* Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose
* Kane vs. The Big Show
* New Day vs. The Dudleys

The Roman Reigns crew:

* Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt in a street fight
* Ryback & The Usos vs. Braun Strowman, Erick Rowan, & Luke Harper
* Alberto Del Rio vs. King Barrett vs. Neville in a Triple Threat Match.

Big Evil
11-07-2015, 12:05 AM
I totally get why they do house shows, both for the profit generation and for entertaining fans and keeping them happy if they can't make the televised shows. Thing is, the schedule is just too grueling. I know there are those out there who will say, aside from travel, they might do a twenty minute match in an entire day and that's it. These guys are on the road 300+ days a year and it wears you down. I understand why people liked TNA for a while because they stayed in one place and rarely had to travel. Just show up at work like most other jobs. WWE pushes their talent too hard sometimes and this is the end result... you lose your top guy.