PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins on suffering the injury, how he's feeling, and his upcoming surgery

Kemo
11-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Seth Rollins spoke with the WWE website's Ryan Pappolla regarding his injury and upcoming surgery. The following are the highlights of the interview that can be read in full at WWE.com.

Rollins on how he's feeling: "You know, overall, I think I'm in a pretty good spot. Physically, my knee doesn't hurt. Like, one thing people don't understand, a common question is, 'How much pain are you in?' The ligaments don't have nerve endings, so, that's a good thing and a bad thing, but I don't feel any pain, it's just a lot of instability in the knee capsule. So, I'm doing a lot of compression to kind of reduce the swelling and stuff like that. Emotionally ... could be better. Obviously it's a tough spot to be in. I'm mostly just looking forward to getting the surgery done and getting better every day."

On how the injury occurred: "I was setting up to do something I've done a million times — flipping over my opponent while he was standing on the second [rope]. I landed underneath him and then picked him up for a powerbomb. And for whatever reason, I just landed on the inside of my right foot, instead of flat with my feet and my knee gave. If you've seen the video, you know it looks pretty graphic. It didn't feel as graphic though. It just felt like my knee dislocated and then kind of popped back in. So, I hustled back up and got underneath, made sure my feet were steady and delivered the Powerbomb. Then, I did a self-evaluation real quick to see what was going on. I realized my knee was pretty unstable and noticed that it felt like it was flopping around. I didn't feel like I had a lot of control under it. I was able to move around enough to finish the match, hit a Pedigree and get the win. Afterwards, I just laid there and [tried to] figure out what was going on. Again, I wasn't in a whole bunch of pain, I just felt like my knee wasn't right. I wasn't really sure of the extent of the damage until the next morning when I got the MRI."

Rollins on his upcoming surgery: "I head to Birmingham, Alabama, on Sunday for a consultation on Monday and then Dr. Dugas will perform the surgery, which will basically be the reconstruction of my knee, on Tuesday. Then the journey begins and we start rebuilding the machine, if you will."