PDA

View Full Version : Update On Daniel Vidot’s WWE Tryout & His Decision To Stick With Rugby

Kemo
11-13-2015, 04:57 PM
After recently trying out for WWE at the Performance Center in Orlando, FL, Australian rugby star Daniel Vidot has decided to stick with rugby for two more years before making the switch to pro wrestling. Vidot, 25, spoke with The Courier Mail this week about his decision to stay with the Super League’s Salford Red Devils. Here are some highlights:

Getting the call from WWE:

“It would be a dream come true to make it in the WWE, it would be a massive achievement, but there is a lot of responsibility and sacrifices I would have to make. It was something I didn’t expect. I got a call out of nowhere, but the trial over there went really well and they were really happy with me. My big journey has only just started.”

His WWE tryout:

“I did some rolls around the ring and got the feel of it. The actual ring and ropes are harder than you think. I got a sore back doing some drills and the blisters on my back from hitting the ropes were so bad I was bleeding for a couple of days. It’s a long process, but it’s nothing new to me being a professional NRL player. it’s a huge challenge, but I like taking on challenges.”

WWE supporting his return to rugby:

“The WWE guys said most wrestlers don’t start until their late 20’s, so my time is on my side. I told them I am not finished with football yet and they were very understanding with that. I’ll do my time with Salford and eventually make my trip to the States to become a professional wrestler.”