PDA

View Full Version : Video: Holly Holm’s Manager Won Six Figures Betting On Her At UFC 193

Kemo
11-15-2015, 09:31 PM
FQkhwk_QlwA

Members of Holly Holm’s management and training team won a “six figure” payout by betting on their fighter before Saturday night’s UFC 193 event in Melbourne. The event was headlined by Holly Holm upsetting Ronda Rousey with a secound-round knockout.

The betting odds in Las Vegas were 10-1 and above for a Holm victory. Several members of her camp placed a bet on Holm, and it paid off big-time according to her manager Lenny Fresquez.

“I am sorry Vegas. You shouldn’t have put the odds so high,” Fresquez told USA TODAY Sports, while admitting that the sum exceeded six figures. “It was couple of our team members. We had a good pot together so it was nice. I wish I would have (placed) more money.”

“None of the team ever even had a doubt,” Fresquez said. “Not a person in the camp had a doubt Holly would win this fight. There was never any negativity from inside the camp. She has a great team.”

Rousey was previously undefeated in all of her 12 pro fights, was expected to defeat Holm, who was only making her third UFC appearance.