PDA

View Full Version : Batista Says He Can Finally Make A Living As An Actor, Tells Stories From "007"

Kemo
11-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Batista recently spoke with News.com.au to promote the new James Bond “007: Spectre” film in which he plays the role of “Mr. Hinx.” Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On Daniel Craig being intimidating when preparing for a fight scene:

“After years of professional wrestling, I don’t need a whole lot of preparation to go from nice guy to kick-arse guy. But Daniel does this thing when he gets ready to do a fight scene. He starts amping himself up. He starts going; ‘argh, argh, argh’. It sounds a little weird saying this, and it probably sounds a little weird hearing it, but it’s a bit intimidating.”

On being able to make a living as an actor:

“This past year was probably the first year I have actually been able to make a living as an actor. So it’s still very surreal to me. It’s a dream come true. I know that sounds like a cliché but it really is.”

On not having an ego about letting someone else do the stunts for him in a film if he feels he’s not qualified:

“It’s weird because a lot of actors now are insisting on doing their own stunts. I am the complete opposite. If I don’t think I am qualified for a stunt, I will be the first guy to say it. And I am lucky enough to have a really great stunt man for this film. He was my stunt man on Guardians, too. I want them to use him as much as possible, because he makes me look good.”