PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Q&A: TNA’s Pop TV Deal, Abyss/WWE, Comparing Lashley & Lesnar, More

Kemo
11-24-2015, 01:03 AM
WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross recently updated his Q&A section at JRsBarBQ.com, fielding questions from topics such as TNA’s new deal with Pop TV, the possibility of Kurt Angle showing up at WrestleMania or Abyss jumping to WWE and more. Below are some of the highlights.

On how TNA should handle changing their TV product now that they are moving to Pop TV:

“If I was TNA I would think very strongly on how I revamp my TV presentation and to develop a new, game plan for the future. Lots of ways to accomplish this but they do need a plan that is well thought out and one that they are able to execute.”

On if he thinks Kurt Angle will appear at WrestleMania next year:

“I’d say highly unlikely but as close to a no as I can get without saying it. Ship’s sailed or so it seems. Anything is possible.”

On lots of wrestlers getting hurt due to a lack of selling in matches:

“Many wrestlers take too many unnecessary chances, are often times reluctant to sell so that tey can look stronger and they have ot gained the skill set of mat /submission wrestling. It’s sad and it’s simply not a case of me being too old school.”

On the possibility of Abyss going to WWE at this stage in his career:

“Abyss’ offer to go to WWE was years ago and he’s happy where he is especially at this stage of his career. You’re thinking about a decade too late for any Abyss to WWE talk.”

On whether or not Bobby Lashley should be mentioned in the same sentence as Brock Lesnar and if TNA has dropped the ball with him:

“Bobby has really come into his own in TNA the past several months but he never had the amateur career to the level of Lesnar. Two, entirely different athletes. I’m a fan of Lashley’s work both in the ring and in the MMA cage.”