PDA

View Full Version : Luke Harper On Getting Yelled At By Vince McMahon, Being Upset With His I-C Title Run

Kemo
12-02-2015, 12:23 AM
WWE Superstar and Wyatt Family member Luke Harper recently appeared as a guest on Chris Jericho’s “Talk Is Jericho” podcast and spoke about getting yelled at by Vince McMahon, what he feels should be done with The Wyatt Family and more.

During the interview, The Wyatt Family member spoke about getting yelled at by Vince McMahon the night he won the I-C title due to not using a Southern accent in his pre-match promo.

“I won the Intercontinental title, I beat Ziggler for it. Yeah, I thought it was great. I thought everything was good. [I] came to the back and Vince yelled at me because I didn’t speak in a southern accent, so [it] kind of put a damper on things for a little bit.” Harper added, “I had to say, ‘I’m a team player’ [in the prematch promo], but I had to say it southern because that was his vision of me and it might still be. I hope not. Yes, and our vision of it is our people come from everywhere. [Bray Wyatt’s] message is nationwide. He’s from the bayou, but us, his followers, aren’t necessarily. We kind of pick and choose where he got us.”

He also spoke about his feeling that he didn’t get a fair run with the Intercontinental Title.

“I was pissed because I thought I didn’t get a fair run with [the title], really. I hadn’t really done anything with it.” Harper continued, “I thought ‘this is bulls–t.’ So I remember talking to Dolph and I said, ‘hey man, I want to do something special here because I’m pissed.’ It was in Cleveland [Ohio], his hometown, so it was, like, again, a perfect storm of stuff.”

Harper also revealed some advice he received from John Cena after he lost the I-C strap.

“I was told by one of the top guys in the [professional wrestling] business, John Cena, that if you have an at bat and you hit a double or something or you hit a single, you’ll get another at bat, so that [has] always been my mindset now. When I get the ball, do what I can with it. Control what I can control. And if I can go out there and do something special, then, that makes them happy and it makes everybody happy, I’ll get another at bat.”

Finally, Harper touched on what he feels should be done with the Wyatt Family faction, agreeing with Jericho that they should add a “creepy girl” to the mix.

“New blood. I’ve always said that, I thought with a cult like that, we should always have kind of [new members joining] and [grow] bigger.” Harper continued, “I think [adding a woman] gives us more diverse things and more ways to go instead of just saying, ‘hey, we’re going to beat you up.'”