PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Duffy Thinks He Could Finish Conor McGregor Again If They Have A Rematch

Kemo
12-03-2015, 01:07 AM
ryGRrXb2IXw

Joseph Duffy recently spoke with MMAjunkie about his 38-second submission victory over Conor McGregor back in 2010. Duffy recalls the big fight being important to him.

“I can still remember that fight quite clearly; it was my first fight back after the loss on ‘(The Ultimate Fighter 12).’ It was a big fight for me. It was a big fight to get back into the swing of things, and it was my first fight on a show of that scale also. I remember the fight clearly, and I felt that was the start of me moving on to the next level. After ‘TUF’ I felt like I broke a few barriers, a few hurdles, that was hindering my game, and that was the start of me breaking all that down.”

Duffy says he would take another fight with McGregor if given the opportunity. He explained that while he would prepare for a five round war, he could see himself finishing McGregor early on once again.

“I would address the fight the same way I would any other: I would go in expecting the five rounds, and I believe I can finish anyone. I’m always looking for them opportunities, and the fight with Conor would be no different. I would be in there, and I would be looking for that finish. There’s nobody I fight that I feel I can’t beat in any area. I’m one of them people – I feel I’m an opportunist. I don’t go in there planning to do one thing specifically. I just go in and let the fight unfold and react and take what opportunities are given to me.”

McGregor will fight Jose Aldo in a title unification bout at UFC 194, while Duffy is booked to fight Dustin Poirier at UFC 195.