PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Reveals How UFC Will Decide Opponent For CM Punk’s Octagon Debut

Kemo
12-04-2015, 07:35 PM
-EH60VrLA4M

According to UFC President Dana White, the search for CM Punk’s first UFC opponent has begun.

White appeared on “Off The Record” on Thursday and was asked by host Michael Landsberg for an update on Punk’s Octagon debut and opponent, prompting White to reveal that he is using his new YouTube show “Dana White: Looking For A Fight,” to scout opponents for the former WWE Superstar.

“I just started a new show. The pilot is on YouTube. It’s called, ‘Dana White: Looking for a fight.’ I’m actually out looking for opponents for CM Punk right now.”

When asked if he really believed Punk would be ready for his first fight in 2015, White admitted that he wasn’t sure. White did, however, give a 100-percent guarantee that Punk will make his Octagon debut in 2016.

“I didn’t know. It’s the first time this guy has ever trained to fight. The guy has never wrestled. He ‘professional wrestled’ but he’s never wrestled. He will fight next year. 100 percent.”