PDA

View Full Version : Conor McGregor Planning To Move To UFC Lightweight Division After Jose Aldo Fight

Kemo
12-04-2015, 07:41 PM
kAmmWOazboc

According to UFC Interim Featherweight Champion Conor McGregor, after he unifies the 145-pound title against Jose Aldo at UFC 194 later this month, he will move up to the UFC Lightweight division.

McGregor spoke about his plans during a UFC 194 media lunch event earlier this week.

“I feel like it’s almost set in stone — KO Jose and KO whoever holds that lightweight belt. And within the next two fights, I will be a two-weight world champion once again. But this time within the UFC.”

“The Notorious” one claims UFC is interested in booking him against Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone if he defeats Rafael dos Anjos for the UFC Lightweight title when the two meet at UFC On FOX 17 on December 19th.

“I think the brass wants that,” McGregor said of a Cerrone bout. “They said to me, if Cerrone wins they would do the lightweight fight. They would do the lightweight title fight. Because it wouldn’t be as big with dos Anjos. But really, the fight will decide what happens. If it’s a war, if it’s a great fight, then all of a sudden dos Anjos’ stock rises. I’m sure he’s gonna call me out.”

Conor McGregor stated that “once” he unifies the UFC Featherweight title against Jose Aldo and “once” he beats Cerrone or Dos Anjos for the UFC Lightweight title, he will then look at the lay-of-the-land and decide which divison has the best contenders to defend his titles against.

“I would like to go from this fight to the lightweight fight and then decide what contenders are there in the lightweight division and the featherweight division."

Headlined by the McGregor-Aldo title unification bout, UFC 194 is scheduled for Saturday, December 12, 2015 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.