PDA

View Full Version : Diaz-Johnson Continue To Fight After The Bell, Diaz Calls Out McGregor

Kemo
12-20-2015, 03:51 PM
QqUIdJhjZZk

Nate Diaz never fails to find himself directly in the center of controversy, usually because he is the one causing it. On Saturday night, the Stockton bad boy caused quite a bit of controversy.

After causing a physical altercation prior to the fight, Diaz, who defeated Michael Johnson via unanimous decision at the UFC On FOX 17 event in Orlando, continued the physicality after the horn sounded to mark the conclusion of his fight on Saturday night.

In trademark fashion, Diaz showboated throughout the fight with Johnson and in an additional showboating style move, put Johnson in a kneebar well after the bell sounded to end their three round contest. This led to Johnson repeatedly kicking the legs of Diaz.

Following the fight, Diaz caused more controversy, as nearly his entire post-fight interview with Joe Rogan was censored due to consistent, seemingly non-stop profanity, or at the very least enough that FOX muted blocks of his interview at a time. Enough of Diaz’s post-fight interview was heard to indicate that it was “The Notorious” Conor McGregor that had the Stockton native all worked up.

One of few audible moments in Diaz’s post-fight interview saw the Lightweight contender reference McGregor showing off and talking trash at a recent UFC press conference, the same point Diaz made when talking about a potential McGregor bout to Ariel Helwani earlier this weekend.

Marc Raimondi of MMAFighting reported the following transcription of Diaz’s post-fight Octagon interview from Saturday night, which you can watch in full at the top of this page.

“F*ck that,” Diaz said. “Conor McGregor, you’re taking everything I worked for, mother f*cker. I’m gonna fight your f*cking ass. You know what’s the real fight, what’s the real money fight — me. Not these clowns that you already punked at the press conference. Ain’t nobody wants to see that. You know you can beat them already. It’s an easy fight. You want the real sh*t. Right here.”