PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Talks About Returning To WWE, Confident About HOF Induction

Kemo
12-30-2015, 06:55 PM
Kurt Angle continues to do the media rounds to promote TNA’s Maximum Impact UK tour next month. During an interview with Digital Spy, the Olympic gold medalist commented on the possibility of returning to WWE one day.

“We’ll see. Would it be a possibility? Yeah. I’m not ruling out anything. I know that next year I will take off and then we’ll see where it goes. I have spoken to TNA about possibly coming back someday. That’s still on the table. The way TNA has treated me the last 9 years, I can’t throw them away.”

Angle noted that he doesn’t need WWE or TNA to continue wrestling. He said that he has a match scheduled against Rey Mysterio in March. He didn’t elaborate which company they’d be wrestling for, but said, “It’ll be kind of nice just to promote myself and wrestle guys like Rey.”

He also spoke about a potential WWE Hall of Fame induction. Angle confidently stated that it will happen, he just doesn’t know when.

“I’ll believe the hype when I decide to talk to WWE. I haven’t. We were going to have some type of meeting last year. Unfortunately, it got cancelled. We really haven’t spoken. I don’t expect them to speak to me until my contract’s up and I haven’t really gone after them to talk to them.”

“Somewhere along the line it’ll happen, I just don’t know when. Would it be an honour to be in the WWE Hall of Fame? Yeah, it’s an incredible honour. Would it kill me if I wasn’t? No, it wouldn’t. The most important thing to me is being in the National Wrestling Hall of Fame, which is Olympic wrestling. That’s where my legacy truly is.”